RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 5:00 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeuser View Post
I'm hooked on this software! I used to use ARC780 & Windows Media Encoder to broadcast my feeds - ProScan is the cats meow! Wish the dev was less restrictive with licensing, as I will have a hard time wrangling 150$ out of the budget for my radios & ones that I can tune into! Not saying the dev doesn't deserve money, they most certainly do but it'd be nicer if it was a site/person thing. I got turned onto it by a user here that uses it to broadcast his feeds & I'm using it now! Just fantastic!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk
You can use one license, on one computer to control as many scanners as you want. Then you use the 2nd License that is included with the price, to control the other computer. Plus you can use the web interface to control the scanner from any computer or smart phone and listen to it with proscan-client.
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014, 4:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default UID Look up File

Hi just a quick couple of questions on the UID Look up File.

I use UID Look up File all good Logs OK no problem & adds to recording title.

Is there a limit to the number of UID's?
I'm looking at a couple of thousand when my file is completed.

Re # Prepend a "%" character to the Text Tag so ProScan can recognize it as an UID text Tag.

In my UID File where does the % go?
and is this to show that text tag on the Alfa tags & the Scanner?

320809 %VicFire Console 809
%320809 VicFire Console 809

Thanks software is just getting better.
Cheers
Old 07-16-2014, 7:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I read somewhere that there was not going to be a Database Tab included in the ProScan software for the BCD536 because of the Sentinel Software. Is there another way to program the 536 scanner remotely from the serial port or USB? My scanners are located across town

Thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 11:34 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwradiorick View Post
I read somewhere that there was not going to be a Database Tab included in the ProScan software for the BCD536 because of the Sentinel Software. Is there another way to program the 536 scanner remotely from the serial port or USB? My scanners are located across town

Thanks
Actually what I stated was the database for the BCDX36HP is not currently supported. I didn't say "not going to be a Database".

With regards to remotely programming the scanner via the serial port, it can't be done at this time as the protocol is not finalized.
Old 07-16-2014, 8:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4fn View Post
You can use one license, on one computer to control as many scanners as you want. Then you use the 2nd License that is included with the price, to control the other computer. Plus you can use the web interface to control the scanner from any computer or smart phone and listen to it with proscan-client.

Thanks but because I'm using old throw away PC's (my way of recycling) I can only run one scanner per system inc software, more than one is to much. However, to the devs credit, I managed to get a 780 & ProScan running on a Pentium II 300 with 512 & Win2K Pro. I am impressed.
Old 07-18-2014, 2:21 PM

Default ProScan 7.2

Error message.
ProScan1.dll in the application file.
Anyone else have this problem?

BMT
Old 07-18-2014, 9:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
Error message.
ProScan1.dll in the application file.
Anyone else have this problem?

BMT

Check if the ProScan1.dll file is in the application folder? Re-install to see if that resolves the issue.
Old 08-02-2014, 2:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

We need a ProScan sticky thread.
Old 08-06-2014, 7:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just ordered a 436HP, and downloaded Sentinel and ProScan trial.

Apparently Sentinel is only capable of playing around with RR database?

Proscan has no database option, all I have is control, streaming, server, etc options.

How the heck do I program my new scanner, through the keyboard? I have a valid ProScan license I need to dig out of an old Bob email, but I remember my 780/796 scanners had a database tab.......I am a bit confused. :-/

Paul
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 PM

ProScan does not currently support the database for the new Uniden scanners. See posts 1295 and 1424 in this thread for more details.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
Just ordered a 436HP, and downloaded Sentinel and ProScan trial.

Apparently Sentinel is only capable of playing around with RR database?

Proscan has no database option, all I have is control, streaming, server, etc options.

How the heck do I program my new scanner, through the keyboard? I have a valid ProScan license I need to dig out of an old Bob email, but I remember my 780/796 scanners had a database tab.......I am a bit confused. :-/

Paul
I believe Bob has said that database editing for the 436HP is not supported at this time because it's different than other scanners.

But you can use Sentinel to add frequencies not on Radio Reference. I had trouble finding out how, but I believe you select "Edit Favorites List". See Sentinel BCDX36HP Software Manual

There's also ARC536 software for Uniden BCD536HP and BCD436HP scanners Sentinel HomePatrol Home Patrol free demo software Uniden 436 536 HP
Old 08-06-2014, 10:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That's what I am seeing rose......the only way to add non RR stuff sounds to be adding to favorites......that seems odd.

Thanks for your reply.

Paul
Old 08-06-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
That's what I am seeing rose......the only way to add non RR stuff sounds to be adding to favorites......that seems odd.

Thanks for your reply.

Paul
But I believe "favorites lists" are how the scanner stores the channels you want to monitor, and not your favorite ones of those. It's been a while, but I think I was able to manually program a system and have it be just like one from the Radio Reference database.
Old 09-01-2014, 8:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hi ProScan.....I like to turn on the software, let the 996xt radio scan and let the channel information populate on the LOGGING screen for about a week. I can save this detailed information on about anything so far, Excel, note pad, Word, etc! My question is: How can you start proscan with a clear logging screen and import this old data back into the LOGGING SCREEN? Hope my question makes sense! I sometime hit the "COPY SELECTED ROWS TO DB" which clears the "LOGGING" screen and I have to start over again! Sorry if this question has been asked before! Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 9:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibler View Post
Hi ProScan.....I like to turn on the software, let the 996xt radio scan and let the channel information populate on the LOGGING screen for about a week. I can save this detailed information on about anything so far, Excel, note pad, Word, etc! My question is: How can you start proscan with a clear logging screen and import this old data back into the LOGGING SCREEN? Hope my question makes sense! I sometime hit the "COPY SELECTED ROWS TO DB" which clears the "LOGGING" screen and I have to start over again! Sorry if this question has been asked before! Thanks
The logging data can't be imported. The "Copy Selected Rows To DB" button does not clear the logging grid. You may have clicked the "Move Selected Rows To DB" button which will clear the selected rows.
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2014, 3:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK ProScan....Thanks for the reply! So, the only way to populate a new logging screen is to let it retrieve form scanner! Yea, I probably did hit the "Move Selected Rows to DB" button! Thanks ProScan for a great program.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Error code 8

This is my first Proscan problem in the 2 years I've been using it. When using "Remote scanner over IP", my client connection drops off after 8 seconds or so with the message on the server reading, "Client off line Abnormal IP, server error code 8". I've been using the same 2 computers for months without this problem. Could this be one of the computers?
Old 09-07-2014, 1:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK, I'm having the same problem connecting to any of the published servers with my client computer.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Problem corrected, I think. I did a system restore on my client computer and it has been running correctly for 2 hours. Can anyone venture a guess as to what might have happened ?
Old 09-09-2014, 2:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have had Pro-Scan since version 6.7 on one (only) of my computers. Just downloaded ver 7.2 but instead of overwriting 7.1, I removed 7.1 because wanted to put 7.2 in my Win 7 64-bit program files rather Programs x86, where I have had all previous versions. But now when I launch 7.2, it says 30 day trial expired, takes me to page to buy again.
Where can I find my keys for entry. Is there somewhere on the ProScan site?
Please advise.
Steve AA6IO

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6