RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 4:55 PM

Keep up the great work. This software is so well polished, it's remarkable.
Old 01-16-2018, 6:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
Keep up the great work. This software is so well polished, it's remarkable.
Will do. Appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2018, 1:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Feature Request

Can you possible add a feature to allow the ProScan Software to Detect, Display and Store MDC1200 Codes?
Old 01-19-2018, 2:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question

Hi Bob!

I know ProScan is licensed and can only be installed on one PC at a time. However, the system I use for controlling my scanner, uses a smaller monitor, mounted above normal eye level making it a little uncomfortable for viewing while programming/editing.

Is there anyway I could program/edit on one PC and run virtual control on another? I'm thinking maybe something like RealVNC or TeamViewer. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2018, 2:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMONITOR View Post
Hi Bob!

I know ProScan is licensed and can only be installed on one PC at a time. However, the system I use for controlling my scanner, uses a smaller monitor, mounted above normal eye level making it a little uncomfortable for viewing while programming/editing.

Is there anyway I could program/edit on one PC and run virtual control on another? I'm thinking maybe something like RealVNC or TeamViewer. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Actually each license allows for activation on two computers. That was changed from one activation per license when RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) came out. You could use RSOIP for remote programming provided the RSOIP on the client side is logged in as Control mode. That is all scanners except the BCDx36HP due to they need to be in Mass Storage mode and therefore no serial comms.
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2018, 2:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Actually each license allows for activation on two computers. That was changed from one activation per license when RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) came out. You could use RSOIP for remote programming provided the RSOIP on the client side is logged in as Control mode. That is all scanners except the BCDx36HP due to they need to be in Mass Storage mode and therefore no serial comms.
Excellent, thank you! You always have an answer and respond quickly!
Old 01-19-2018, 2:48 PM

Good to know, I didn't know you can program the using the remote mode.

The PC I am using as my "server" is not connected to a monitor or keyboard, so I just use TeamViewer to remote into the machine to program. It is also really handy to have available just in case something happens and you're out of town and your remote scanner stops functioning. Happened once to me and I when the power went out and shut the computer down. When it restarted ProScan wasn't running, I have since fixed that. Cheers.
Old 01-22-2018, 3:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Is there an time prompt for auto resume/scan while logging?

Hi,

I've dug through this posting and the manual, but can't find if this feature is available. I'm switching from ARC396PRO for my BCD396T.

While logging, ARC has a setting to automatically resume scanning after a predetermined amount of time. For example, while scanning a frequency range, the ARC396PRO will log the hit, then resume scanning after five seconds whether or not the transmission is complete. I can't find a similar setting in ProScan, so letting the logging run unaided causes the scanner to hang for extended periods on long data bursts.

I've seen in the release notes that 10.5 added "Resume Scan / Search after predetermined amount of time", but I can't find the feature in the software.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-22-2018, 4:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It's there, but a bit buried.

In the Options dialog, General tab, check the "Show Mute Icon & Frequency, Tune, Jump Controls" box.

Click on a little white square in the upper-right corner of the main ProScan window until the Resume Scan/Search pulldown appears. I have mine set to 5 minutes, and temporary lockout.
Old 01-22-2018, 4:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Perfect. Thanks very much.
Old 01-26-2018, 8:22 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Version 12.6 I'm having an issue where the virtual scanner window when using scanner only view mode re positions itself out of frame/border after cycling though other windows/programs.

J
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhouk View Post
Version 12.6 I'm having an issue where the virtual scanner window when using scanner only view mode re positions itself out of frame/border after cycling though other windows/programs.

J
I'll look at this before the next release.
Old 01-27-2018, 7:54 AM

Quote:

J
Quote:
I'll look at this before the next release.
I get this also. For me, clicking view, then clicking on "scanner only" seems to reset it.
Old 01-27-2018, 9:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default New Hard Drive Install

Hello

I have a new larger Hard Drive coming and would like to keep my ProScan Configuration if possible. If I do this

Just copy the ProScan.exe, all dll files, & ProScan_Manual.pdf files to a new folder
If you want the same options then copy ProScan.cfg file to the new folder. Post #2969

and then install ProScan into that folder will I be "good"

Thanks Andy
Old 01-27-2018, 9:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootch View Post
Hello

I have a new larger Hard Drive coming and would like to keep my ProScan Configuration if possible. If I do this

Just copy the ProScan.exe, all dll files, & ProScan_Manual.pdf files to a new folder
If you want the same options then copy ProScan.cfg file to the new folder. Post #2969

and then install ProScan into that folder will I be "good"

Thanks Andy
The ProScan.cfg file contains the config so you want to copy that one along with the exe and dll files. It also depends on if you want to retain the Logging, Recordings, Broadcast Lockout for streaming, etc. I would copy the whole folder to the new drive to be safe.
Old 01-27-2018, 9:51 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
The ProScan.cfg file contains the config so you want to copy that one along with the exe and dll files. It also depends on if you want to retain the Logging, Recordings, Broadcast Lockout for streaming, etc. I would copy the whole folder to the new drive to be safe.
Thanks
Old 01-28-2018, 8:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

https://forums.radioreference.com/un...ice-types.html

The question there would be easily solved if the search/replace dialog allowed separate search and replace parameters--search for a Service Type, and replace the Alert Light setting when a match is found. Would that be difficult to do?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

J
I can't duplicate this problem. Can you send me an email so I can send you the latest for testing this problem.
Old 01-28-2018, 2:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwienke View Post

The question there would be easily solved if the search/replace dialog allowed separate search and replace parameters--search for a Service Type, and replace the Alert Light setting when a match is found. Would that be difficult to do?
Are you talking about something like this?
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2018, 4:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwienke View Post

Good suggestion. Got it done.
Attached Images

Tags
bc785d with proscan 6.6, logging, proscan, sleep, windows