1 1/4 " 90 degree tilt hinge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
My setup consists of a 20' section of pipe at the side of the house that extends about four feet above the roof line. At the top is a rotator that has a couple of the five foot RadioShack mast pipes in it. The problem is that now that it's up there is no way to easily remove it to work on the antennas.

I would like to put a hinge right above the rotator in one of the sections of pipe. That way I could get on the roof, walk up to it and tilt it over on the house. The roof line runs in a direction that the mast would be perfectly horizontal along the peak and I could sit right there and work on everything.

Is there any sort of pre-made joint that accepts two sections of mast? I'm thinking of something that would possibly have pin that could be pulled that would allow it to tilt in only one direction.

I have a metal saw and a wire welder but I'm trying to take the lazy way out.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
mancow said:
My setup consists of a 20' section of pipe at the side of the house that extends about four feet above the roof line. At the top is a rotator that has a couple of the five foot RadioShack mast pipes in it. The problem is that now that it's up there is no way to easily remove it to work on the antennas.

I would like to put a hinge right above the rotator in one of the sections of pipe. That way I could get on the roof, walk up to it and tilt it over on the house. The roof line runs in a direction that the mast would be perfectly horizontal along the peak and I could sit right there and work on everything.

Is there any sort of pre-made joint that accepts two sections of mast? I'm thinking of something that would possibly have pin that could be pulled that would allow it to tilt in only one direction.

I have a metal saw and a wire welder but I'm trying to take the lazy way out.

See that's the sorta the idea i've had about tilting over to access antennas, when i had a house. If you pull the mast off the bottom pipe/mast or rotor it's hard to realign back at the risk of loosing balance of the antennas while reattaching the upper masts. It's pretty hairy to me. if possible a tripod mount would do what you want. unhinge one leg and tilt over. though installing a tripod on a house will take some work but isn't desirable if you don't own the house.

Eric Burris

Status
Not open for further replies.