Help on daciding on antenna for pro 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Help on deciding on antenna for pro 97

i was needing to know what would be a good antenna to buy for a pro 97 hanheld scanner i need one for a car hook up, and one for the scanner its self, and one for indoors i live in kershaw county south carolina and i listen to the palmetto 800 trunk and somtimes i travel to columbia sc which are on the simulcast but mostly listen to my home town fire and police, sheriff which they run using frequency 155.490 FM but in my scanner i put them on CT and i like to here life reach somtimes so could some one point me in the right direction i also live in a apartment and my land lord wont let me put up a tower i can only hang it on the balconey

Last edited:

N1BHH

Hey, any mag mount will do, really. A VHF quarter wave mag mount will do. There are plenty of them out there. I suggest looking in the antenna wiki before you go out and blow a bundle on something that won't work for your optimal listening pleasure. I for one suggest the Larsen NMO-150/450/800 on a mag mount or other type of mount, on the roof of your car as the best location. The Larsen and any number of others will do the job for you. You can plug it into your scanner and have fun.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Scanner_Antennas#Mobile_Antennas

lugoffman

N1BHH said:
Hey, any mag mount will do, really. A VHF quarter wave mag mount will do. There are plenty of them out there. I suggest looking in the antenna wiki before you go out and blow a bundle on something that won't work for your optimal listening pleasure. I for one suggest the Larsen NMO-150/450/800 on a mag mount or other type of mount, on the roof of your car as the best location. The Larsen and any number of others will do the job for you. You can plug it into your scanner and have fun.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Scanner_Antennas#Mobile_Antennas
i looked for the larson nmo but i could not find it what do you thank about the 700-1000 mhz uhf model antenna or the yagi cellular antenna 806-900mhz i really liked the yagi on how it looked and the size cause were i live i cant use a pole or nothing to mount it i can only mount it to my balconey cause my land lord wont let me use nothing nothing else so if that one wont work is there a antenna around that size that will work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.