Scantenna Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GKS

I have room for another antenna later. Maybe a 2/440.

Attachments

• 100_9444.JPG
    100_9444.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 100_9445.JPG
    100_9445.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 624

hoser147

How do you have the mast fixed at the bottom?? Looks good.Kinda interesting when you see older scantenna's around, there are actually quite a few. Some of the older goldish ones have the shark fins on the outer elements. Just seen an add for the scantenna that claims they have a newer stronger version and that they doubled an insulator. Would be cool to see some different pics of some older ones. Ive found a couple and may be able to get pics of them. One is on a rental and hopefully I can get my hands on it.............Hoser

N4GKS

hoser147 said:
How do you have the mast fixed at the bottom?? Looks good.Kinda interesting when you see older scantenna's around, there are actually quite a few. Some of the older goldish ones have the shark fins on the outer elements. Just seen an add for the scantenna that claims they have a newer stronger version and that they doubled an insulator. Would be cool to see some different pics of some older ones. Ive found a couple and may be able to get pics of them. One is on a rental and hopefully I can get my hands on it.............Hoser

Used a small piece of wood and attached a bracket/wood to the house under the gutter with small 4 inch wood screws. When I remove it I putty up the holes and no one will ever know it was there.

Attachments

• 100_9446.JPG
    100_9446.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 432
Status
Not open for further replies.