800mhz trunked mobile antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1200

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a mobile antenna that will receive 800 mhz trunked systems well for a decent price? I have a wide band antenna for the car, but I get better 800mhz on my rubber ducky. I still get it on the wideband, but not as strong.

ridgescan

Tom go to the thread "think it'll do the job?" on page 2 here in the antenna section. This can be a possibility for you-I'm very happy with its 800 MHZ reception!

Last edited:

af5rn

ridgescan said:
Tom go to the thread "think it'll do the job?" on page 2 here in the antenna section. This can be a possibility for you-I'm very happy with its 800 MHZ reception!
Agreed. If "decent price" and immediate availability are your primary concerns, just go get any cellular antenna from Radio Shack, including a glass mount. Sure, you can get better antennas, but not faster or cheaper. And, unless you are a VERY long way from the system, you probably don't need a better antenna. You'll be happy with the results.

ridgescan

Thanks Rob:) hey I wonder though if RS or anyone for that matter still carry the mobile antennas like mine that are specifically tuned to the 800's? If not-where would a person find one nowadays? Like I said my Sis had this one lying around in its packaging out in the garage 'cause she never employed it in the car back in the 90's. As aws said back in that thread, it's got gain as it was meant to boost your cell signal so it's worth finding out if and where these are available.

rusd

Premium Subscriber
800 mhz mobile antenna

I use a window mount cell phone antenna,i get better reception with it than i do with the RS 800 rubber ducky. And you can find them real cheap under $10.00. I also use the removeable antenna on of the old bag phones for the back of units in the house and Handhelds.

ridgescan

Hey rusd you too? I'm really impressed with the performance of this antenna! Makes me wanna buy them all up and resell them as scanner antennas:D:D

shakey071

Tom1200 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a mobile antenna that will receive 800 mhz trunked systems well for a decent price? I have a wide band antenna for the car, but I get better 800mhz on my rubber ducky. I still get it on the wideband, but not as strong.

Radio Shack Has An 800mhz Mobile I have Very Good Luck With IT...$13.00 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.