I need help ID'ing this antenna & box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Interesting it looks like a couple of 800-900 antenna types, might be a scada setup inside the box, could be a repeater of some type. Strange place to mount it for sure, I know if you dial a particular phone number that street light will turn or off, probably not though.
Any way you can get a tighter shot of the box and antennas. They are a bit hard to ID for sure.

Last edited:

rcvmo

Top o Mich Power and Wolverine had some up in Eastern Northern Mich. Peninsula. I had one down the road from my cottage . A scan of the bands showed a 900 MHz data system. Possibly a local remote rptr. It also had the solar cells. MFR was Starcom. The light pole is just a convenient high location to mount. Has nothing to do with the street lamps.
rcvmo

SAR923

Just a cheap and easy way to get repeater antennas up high with a ready source of power. Where exactly are located? I know some sities will use these kind of installatiosn as fill-in sites when they have dead zones in their trunked system.

K4NRG

That is more than likely a spread spectrum data repeater for a wireless mesh network. The local utility may be using it to read meters or as I know from personal experience, to control distribution line switches on their electrical distribution system.

trooperdude

Database Admin
That is more than likely a spread spectrum data repeater for a wireless mesh network. The local utility may be using it to read meters or as I know from personal experience, to control distribution line switches on their electrical distribution system.

And street lights are a convenient way to tap available power that's up high. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.