how good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

That all depends. You have to be careful with preamps as they can overload your scanner if you are near towers transmitting.

Is there a reason why you want to use a preamp? Also remember, that height is the antennas best friend and use good quality coax.

You did not mention which DPD antenna you are talking about. I can not tell you if it will be good or bad as everyone has different results with there antennas/systems. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Last edited:

reconrider8

yea i knew the height would be good but im near a cell if that means anything but thats like 3-4 miles away from me ... the reason i wanted a preamp is i went to the firehouse and they had a preamp and all and they could pick up stuff 75 miles away clearly... the dpd was OmniX Multi Band Scanner Model Antenna

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
yea i knew the height would be good but im near a cell if that means anything but thats like 3-4 miles away from me ... the reason i wanted a preamp is i went to the firehouse and they had a preamp and all and they could pick up stuff 75 miles away clearly... the dpd was OmniX Multi Band Scanner Model Antenna

I have a Omni-X and works nice for what I needed it to do. I would just get the antenna with some good coax, put it as high as you can and see if that works out for you and then go from there.

Hope this helps
Ron

reconrider8

dern lol i want mine up high but idk what i need for a pole to mount it up on i got like a old telephone pole that used to have a tv antanna on it and its like 17' i was goint to put it on there and see how it did

Status
Not open for further replies.