new antenna's ht-55 and mh-255

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetech

So anyway I just got these in. Just thought I would write somethign about these 2. I use these on the bcd396t, and I also have a diamond srh519 and srh77ca.

Ok anyway the mh-255 is a soft antenna about 3 inches and wow can this thing pick up vhf-hi for its size, its good on uhf also and not so great on 800. I monitor mostly vhf-hi and uhf and a little 800 public service. This antenna is great for its small size for local(close) things, but it can pick up pretty damn far for vhf-hi. Way better then the stock.

Now as for the comet ht-55, it is very similar to the srh519 from diamond which is the antenna I mostly use. Well I now have a new antenna to keep on my bcd396t at all times. This thing is so close to the srh77ca but at half the size. It is a little better then the srh519 for public saftey and close to the srh77ca. If not just as good but better at 800.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
nice to hear the reviews. something to keep in mind since i lost a dual band antenna and need a new one.

Eric burris kc0ldt

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
So anyway I just got these in. Just thought I would write somethign about these 2. I use these on the bcd396t, and I also have a diamond srh519 and srh77ca.

Ok anyway the mh-255 is a soft antenna about 3 inches and wow can this thing pick up vhf-hi for its size, its good on uhf also and not so great on 800. I monitor mostly vhf-hi and uhf and a little 800 public service. This antenna is great for its small size for local(close) things, but it can pick up pretty damn far for vhf-hi. Way better then the stock.

Now as for the comet ht-55, it is very similar to the srh519 from diamond which is the antenna I mostly use. Well I now have a new antenna to keep on my bcd396t at all times. This thing is so close to the srh77ca but at half the size. It is a little better then the srh519 for public saftey and close to the srh77ca. If not just as good but better at 800.

so the comet version is better then the diamond? Some people swear by the diamond SRH519. I'm having trouble deciding what to get. Then there;s the maldol version, AS-20S, http://www.hamcity.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2087. I'm wanting something to transmit on but still good for scanning too!!

acetech

Well for me the comet is working a little better then the diamond. They both great antenna's for the size. I dont think you can go wrong with either for a great all around antenna to replace the stock one. One thing that is nicer about the comet also is it screws down all the way on the bcd396t and the br330t. When there is the space needed for a washer on the diamond. but that not really that important. But nice.

acetech

Also the ht-55 and mh-255 antenna's are tuned for public saftey more I think. THey are not ham band antenna;'s like all the rest. May make a difference.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Also the ht-55 and mh-255 antenna's are tuned for public saftey more I think. THey are not ham band antenna;'s like all the rest. May make a difference.

oh golly i didn't realize the comet was public safety bands!!! that's nice. finally after all these years manufactures finally see our need for good scanner band antennas!!!!
oh where did you get yours? The comet on Hamcity is $31. that's a bit rich for that. similar antennas sell less then that. hmm.....
Eric Burris kc0ldt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.