Omni antenna range in indoor application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilmanhalimra

Dear all,

I want to ask something about the omni antenna in indoor application. someone told me that the omni antenna has limited range in the coverage radius. although we make the EIRP high the coverage for the vertical coverage will be the same if the limit range already reached. is it true? because this statement is contradictive with the path loss theory. thanks in advance.

Regards,
-hilman halim-

N1BHH

Indoor antennas can be very poor, unless you are close to what you want to hear. If your in an urban setting, you won't need much of an antenna. Out in the suburbs trying to hear the city 25 miles away suggests your antenna to be effectively placed outdoors, such as a mag mount on an air conditioner as a minimum, up on the roof is best.

Building materials absorb radio emissions and "swallow" signals. If you have metal in between you and what you wish to hear, it will hurt reception. Receiving and transmitting should always be done with outdoor mounted antennas.

hilmanhalimra

well, actually i'm designing indoor coverage right now, and someone told me it is useless if i design the high EIRP because the omni antenna has limitation in the coverage range. is it true when the antenna has already reach its maximum range it will be a waste to improve more power because the coverage range won't be added? i am completely new in indoor system. thanks before

Status
Not open for further replies.