Diamond RH519 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I just got my SRH519 but they sent the RH519 on mistake. i tested it before i send it back and it is worse then the stock duck from the VX7R and no better then a RS scanner duck. I tested it on the WX band to see how it will do for the RR band. I listen to trains so i want to make sure it's good for there as well as the 150mhz and 450mhz. plus i want to be able to transmit the ham bands as well. I'm using it on my FT60R. what other brands or models makes ducks that are better then this? I have the RH77CA but want a shorter one as well.

I once had a comet triband version that was 2m 70cm and the GHZ band. but it was this pathetic too. i think those skinny ducks don't work as well as the fat ones.

Eric Burris kc0ldt

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
anyone? does others know what works better? from reading the forums it seams the RD9 is as bad too. i take it the skinny short whips are as broadbanded as the fat ducks or the longer whips. I am exchanging my antenna for a Maldol MH-255 and will use my VX7R duck or the RH77CA with adapter for the ham bands if need be. Heck most the time i'm just scanning anyways.

Eric burris kc0ldt

K2QI

I think the MH-255 is similar to the MH-209; small, flexible, 3" duckie. I have a 209, and it's performance in the 400mhz band is relatively poor. To put it into perspective, my 1.7" Radio Shack stubby works better at almost 1/3 the cost.

Anyway, If you're interested, I've got a brand new SMA-501 which is similar to the CH-32. It's never been taken out of its sleeve or used (I don't own any SMA receivers). Universal sent me this one by mistake. I was waiting for the return label to ship it back but If you like, you can have it for $25 shipped to you as long as you're in CONUS.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I think the MH-255 is similar to the MH-209; small, flexible, 3" duckie. I have a 209, and it's performance in the 400mhz band is relatively poor. To put it into perspective, my 1.7" Radio Shack stubby works better at almost 1/3 the cost.

Anyway, If you're interested, I've got a brand new SMA-501 which is similar to the CH-32. It's never been taken out of its sleeve or used (I don't own any SMA receivers). Universal sent me this one by mistake. I was waiting for the return label to ship it back but If you like, you can have it for $25 shipped to you as long as you're in CONUS.
No thanks on the offer. the MH255 covers the commerical bands around 152-157mhz and 452-467 or something of the sort while the other is the ham bands

Status
Not open for further replies.