Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You're really going to need to give us much more information than that. Is it for a base, a mobile, a handheld? Do you want it to support multiple band or are you interested in a specific one? Why do you think you need a better antenna?

Please take a moment to look over all the threads in this forum. I believe you'll already have your answers there.

Don_Burke

doglover said:
Which antennas are best ?
A Franklin Array is the best collinear antenna.

A rhombic is the best directional antenna.

A Wullenwebber is tough to beat as a steerable array and may indeed be the best.

...now for practical antennas for your application, we need some details.

K2QI

Which antennas are best ?

96170-004-7E533D19.jpg

:D

k8mcn

depends, you could ask a butterfly or a bee and they would both think their antennae are the best.......but give me a resonant dipole and i'm happy :) :)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Stay away from the chrome ones, they reflect signals. You want the black colored ones. Black is very good at absorbing light waves so it works out well for RF.....like a sponge.

SAR923

Another drive-by poster asking a stupid question and stirring up the hornets's nest. Answering this kind of question is a waste of time.

wingnut71

hi all im fairly new to scanning and i need alot of info lol what is the best antenna for a car for the 800-900 mhz range i have a new pro 106 thanks any help will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.