AntennaCraft ST2 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom24

I just bought an AntennaCraft ST2 antenna and recently put it up this past weekend. Its working great so far. I do have a small problem. When I have my scanner locked on to certain channels like my towns police dispatch channel I can receive there broadcasts crystal clear. When the channel has no broadcast non it from my town you can hear weaker signals coming in on that frequency. I tried putting the squelch on my radio up more but it doesn't work. The signals still manage to get through. Any I have noticed it has been happening on other frequencies. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to try and block out the weaker signals. The radio that I am using is a RadioShack Pro-94.

I would really Appreciate the help.

Tom

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Qrm

You might try the following:

- If the Scanner has 'PL Tone' capability thats the best option typically to only allow your selected station and filter out other agencies on the same radio freq
- If no PL Tone capabilities, then you need to try 'attenuation' (dropping the signal strength) by either using controls on the radio (if available) or by going on line and find a simple attenuator...
- a variable attenuator is best as you can slow 'step-down' the signal strength until you weed out the non-wanted signal.....you can also use both the squelch / attenuator in combo and that works in some cases but takes a lot more time to fiddle...

Tom24

You might try the following:

- If the Scanner has 'PL Tone' capability thats the best option typically to only allow your selected station and filter out other agencies on the same radio freq
- If no PL Tone capabilities, then you need to try 'attenuation' (dropping the signal strength) by either using controls on the radio (if available) or by going on line and find a simple attenuator...
- a variable attenuator is best as you can slow 'step-down' the signal strength until you weed out the non-wanted signal.....you can also use both the squelch / attenuator in combo and that works in some cases but takes a lot more time to fiddle...

Thanks allot for the help. I was looking at bnc attenuator and variable attenuators online. The bnc I really didn't understand to much it had it listed as 2db 50 watts like that. Just wondering how I would choose one. I also looked at the variable attenuator those don't look that bad a little more simple. You can control the db's with it. Anyway could you tell me which one I should probably look at more.

Status
Not open for further replies.