rearranging antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
My Scantenna isn't receiving one of the RR hotbox detectors very good and it's side mounted. I have a dual band Jpole at the top of mast. should i side mount the Jpole and put the ST2 at the top? i don't even know if the SWR's will be messed up if i side mount the Jpole. Of course then the ham radio might loose the hotbox detector then. i'm a block away from the downtown buildings. while this aint a big city even those smaller city buildings can reflect or hold back those signals on the other side. I have a telescopic mast but not up to 25 or so ft. it's only at around 20ft without guys. i don't think i can raise it more without guys and i don't think my landlord will want those strung out. the owner already complained to the landlord for having too many antennas. i only have 3!!!! also a 2 meter dipole outside a bedroom window.

digitalanalog

All i can say is Good luck with the Landlord and/or the owner.

If you have a Ham License, there is actually nothing they can do about your antenna's
other then ask you to leave, because according to Federal Law. They can Not make you remove any antenna related to the ham radio.

Ham is Federal

Even Homeowner Associations have been denied there (we don't like the antenna's) attitude, when it comes to ham radio tower/antenna setup's.

They would need some other reason to make you leave other then the antennas.

I know this does not answer your question, so sorry.

But it just Cranks my Yank when people B!!ch about antennas and there structures.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
All i can say is Good luck with the Landlord and/or the owner.

If you have a Ham License, there is actually nothing they can do about your antenna's
other then ask you to leave, because according to Federal Law. They can Not make you remove any antenna related to the ham radio.

Ham is Federal

Even Homeowner Associations have been denied there (we don't like the antenna's) attitude, when it comes to ham radio tower/antenna setup's.

But it just Cranks my Yank when people B!!ch about antennas and there structures.
the person helping me put a ground rod in wanted me to okay it with the landlord so i did that's when i found out that the owner of the property was mad and didn't want me to install anything else. so me and the landlord went round and round about installing a ground rod. i asked her if she wants the lightning to hit the house or the ground. I finally convinced her to let me.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
the person helping me put a ground rod in wanted me to okay it with the landlord so i did that's when i found out that the owner of the property was mad and didn't want me to install anything else. so me and the landlord went round and round about installing a ground rod. i asked her if she wants the lightning to hit the house or the ground. I finally convinced her to let me.

That's why you just tell people from now on that you own the house ;)

zz0468

QRT
Banned

Huh!!? What on earth are you talking about? WHO can't make him remove his antennas? Are you refering to PRB-1, which is merely a limited federal preemption of municipal and state laws prohibiting ham antennas in zoning ordanances?

Ham is Federal

What does that have to do with it?

PRB-1 does NOT cover CC&R's or HOA's. There have been several attempts to get it to cover those, but they have yet to get there.

Like... say, "I'm the owner and I don't want antennas on my building."?

It really doesn't because, unfortunately, your answers are seriously flawed. Misleading, even.

I understand. It yanks MY crank when someone supplies an answer that's so far from fact. Please make it a point to better understand the laws before you share your interpretation with others.

Last edited:

digitalanalog

I understand. It yanks MY crank when someone supplies an answer that's so far from fact. Please make it a point to better understand the laws before you share your interpretation with others.

Yes i was referencing PRB-1.

I was also just expressing my opinion as well.
I was not aware that all statements posted had
to be backed up by a federal guideline.

I guess i will need to get the law books out
so my statements are factual enough to cover
every word i type.

Your comments/criticizing was directed at me and had nothing to
do with the original post or answering the original question.

For anyone interested in the FACTS and or the LAWS concerning
PRB-1
Federal preemption of state and local
regulations pertaining to Amateur radio
facilities.
Follow this link -> http://www2.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/local/prb-1.html
or this link -> http://www2.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/PRB-1_Pkg/index.html

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Yes i was referencing PRB-1.

I was also just expressing my opinion as well.
I was not aware that all statements posted had
to be backed up by a federal guideline.

Your comments were written in a manner that implied that you were making statements of fact - which were wrong. If you had stated that they were opinions, as in "I WISH there was nothing they could do about your antenna's..." Then I wouldn't take issue with your comments.

I guess i will need to get the law books out
so my statements are factual enough to cover
every word i type.

Perhaps you should. Seriously, people ask question on these forums and expect that the information being provided is correct. An unreasonable expectation, if you ask me, but they do. They then act upon that information. If it's wrong, then the decisions they make are wrong. Your information happened to be wrong, and written in a format that implied it was fact, not opinion.

Your comments/criticizing was directed at me and had nothing to
do with the original post or answering the original question.

My criticisms were directed at the author of the information posted that was not factual. Excuse me... was that you? Why, yes... yes it was. Look... I don't have a bone to pick with YOU, personally. I just bristle when I see garbage passed off as fact. That's all. PRB-1 does NOT provide ANY protection in the case of the OP whatsoever. That's NONE, as in ZERO. Your comments indicated otherwise and I emphatically disagreed. That's all.

For anyone interested in the FACTS and or the LAWS concerning
PRB-1
Federal preemption of state and local
regulations pertaining to Amateur radio
facilities.
Follow this link -> http://www2.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/local/prb-1.html
or this link -> http://www2.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/PRB-1_Pkg/index.html

Yes... I read these. Did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.