Will a attic antenna help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoobert

I am currently running my BC796D off the little antenna that came with it. I listen to many of the different bands 150's, 460's and 860's (trunked digital) I have found on the non trunked bands that sometimes I miss part of the conversation due to low signal strength. Would my scanner do better if I put one of the discones or ratshack http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103641 antenna up in the attic?
I realize from all the research I have done on this great site that an outdoor antenna is the best choice but that is not possible until spring. So until then I am trying to do the best I can, then putting up a nice scantenna 2 or Diamond up on top of the house next spring.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Given the choice of a Scantenna or Diamond discone I'd go with the Diamond for it's rugged construction, Scantennas are known to self destruct in the wind and anything Rat Shack isn't much better. Wait until spring and do it right the first time, no point crawling around in the attic, running coax and all that jive only to break it all down and do it all over again. Patience is a virtue and a work saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.