time for a better antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979lee

ok ive had the scantenna st-2 up for about 7 mounths now, iam happy for the most part with its performance, it could be better on uhf 450-460, vhf is very nice lowband is fair, sometimes ok. its up on about 28 feet(id like to had gone higher but i dont want to have this thing let loose and get into the power lines)and guyed, i used the coax that came with the st2 witch is rg-6. i gues i could try better coax (f connectors) so that limmits what coax can be used.
attached are pics of my current setup,

any suggestions that wont break the bank? under 100$ as i am not rich :lol:
the antenna's rance will need to be vhf low uhf and vhf, all very important
would a diamond discone be an option?, iam looking for better performance

thanks

Attachments

• st-2 002.jpg
    st-2 002.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 187
  • st-2 004.jpg
    st-2 004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 190
K

kb0nly

One of those super discone antennas would be a good upgrade from the st-2, thats my opinion. That scantenna is a pretty good antenna, but i have heard that over and over about its UHF performance so it seems to be an issue.

1979lee

One of those super discone antennas would be a good upgrade from the st-2, thats my opinion. That scantenna is a pretty good antenna, but i have heard that over and over about its UHF performance so it seems to be an issue.

So iam not the only one with uhf problems?
yeah the scantenna's pretty good, id like better uhf, i might just go buy some good coax and a super discone antenna.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.