Decal Mount 800 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue128

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=360&subgroupId=36

Look at the far left antenna, anyone ever use one of those? If so how well did they work. I am looking for something to put in my saturn, i dont transmit 800, but listen to it on my TK-940. I have many nmo mount 800's which i know would work far better, but im not trying to listen to anything outside my counties 800 conventional system. Thanks.

Nate

SAR923

We had a few U/C units that used that antenna and it seemed to work fine as long as you were close to a tower. Any obstruction or more than about five miles away and it didn't work at all. It's pretty directional as well so reception depended on how the car was pointed toward a tower. If you don't want to use a mag mount or drill a hole, I think you'd be better off with a glass mount antenna, which at least gives you some height above the car.

rescue128

Ok, i just saw this while i was looking at the glass mount. I have two nmo's drilled in the roof, but the wife isnt crazy about anymore on 'her' car.... to bad this is 50 bucks, otherwise i might give it a shot just for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.