Antenna Problems (How can I resolve?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently using the outdoor scanner/ham discone from radio shack... http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103160

I lost some radials off of it last winter during one of the ice storms and radio shack cant seem to get me new ones.

I'm at about 50ft with it but I'm still having reception problems no matter what I do. I switched coax over to P25 I think it was which still didnt solve my problems. Do I need to get the antenna higher or will that not help the problem?

I'm only looking to get from 150mhz to 156mhz out of it to monitor my local fire department. Also is there any antennas out there that do narrow band and how pricey are they?

jonny290

Get a Ringo Ranger, tune it properly, and you will have much better luck. Don't get any Scantennas, don't get any discones, don't get any gimmicks. Just a high gain monoband vertical.

If you still can't pull it in, you are going to have to start looking at getting a directional antenna setup.

N

N_Jay

Get a Ringo Ranger, tune it properly, and you will have much better luck. Don't get any Scantennas, don't get any discones, don't get any gimmicks. Just a high gain monoband vertical.

If you still can't pull it in, you are going to have to start looking at getting a directional antenna setup.

WOW! Where do you get your wideband-multiband Ringo Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.