moblie antenna for my 2002 f-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

avrob

What would be the best antenna for BCT 15 mounted in my truck.I live in San Bernadino county California.

Scandxer

What would be the best antenna for BCT 15 mounted in my truck.I live in San Bernadino county California.

I bought the

Mobile "Cellular Look-Alike" Glass-Mount Scanner Antenna from Radio Shack.
$34.99
Model: 20-011
Catalog #: 20-011
pRS1C-2264625w345.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102468

A great antenna for handheld scanners
Mobile "cellular look-alike" glass-mount scanner antenna designed specifically for handheld scanners.

* No holes to drill for convenient, no damage mounting
* Easily installs on windows or windshield
* Covers 25 to 1300MHz

What's in the box

* Antenna
* 16-ft. cable with BNC connector
* Alcohol wipe
* Coupler box

Just clean, peel and stick to glass... Very easy install. I stuck it on the back window of my van.

Excellent reception and looks awesome. It will look good on your truck.

Note : Decide where to put it first because once you peel and stick it theres no moving it lol.

Radio shack also has magnet mount but IMO those type of antennas are ugly and obvious.

Last edited:

Scandxer

I had one of those once until i was going down the pa turnpike and it blew off my truck.

I've heard that can happen.. That sucks.

I've had mine for 2 years, thousands of miles driven. Hasn't came off yet.

I did make sure I cleaned the window spot good first. Maybe that helped.

countywacker

The window was cleaned must just have lost its stickyness overtime. Overall the Antenna was good in the UHF/VHF range but i never bought a another one cause i was "PO" that it flew off.

lafd55

I have one, I use it to listen to 400 Mhz, 800 Mhz Digital. I am surprised how well it works, I have had it for years and I still have it on, it withstands Northeast winters very well and does not ever budge.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I have one, I use it to listen to 400 Mhz, 800 Mhz Digital. I am surprised how well it works, I have had it for years and I still have it on, it withstands Northeast winters very well and does not ever budge.

I would give the glass mounts high marks for sticking well. Lots of -25C weather here in Ottawa in the winter and have never lost one. If you do want to move it WalMart has some two-way tape that comes in a small roll with red plastic that you peel off. It works as good or better than original. Clean very well with 90% rubbing alcohol.

I would give the mag-mount higher marks for reception. If you can put it on somewhere to get the body to be a ground plane it helps and glass does attenuate a bit. As does the space between the two halves. Put a layer of electrical tape under the mag-mount to help avoid scratches if that concerns you. There a a lot of mag-mount choices that have nice small one inch or a little larger bases and thin cell look-alike whips that are quite attractive and stay on well. None of mine move at highway speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.