Specific Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale25

Is there a antenna specificly for listening to the 482 frequencies for a handheld scanner? I know that there are mobile antennas specificly tuned for certain frequency ranges,so I was wondering if there are any handheld antennas that would be better for receiving the 480 frequency range.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I'm not aware of anything specifically designed for a scanner to cover THAT specific frequency range, but there are antennas available for commerciall/public safety portables in that frequency range. Fact is, though, just about any UHF range antenna should work just fine. You'd probably not notice any difference with something cut that precisely.

dale25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about a ARMOR FLEX PRO SCANNER TRANSCIEVER ANTENNA? Is this one good?

mancow

Database Admin
Yes.

But, a 6" piece of wire is a 6" piece of wire. It's the most basic of antenna that one can design, just a stub of wire. So, it's not like any hand held antenna will perform miracles. However, I would say that it should be a marked improvement over the stock antenna that is coil of wire that may be somewhat resonant in the vhf band somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.