20-283 800 MZh

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroscan30

I am thinking of picking one up today at my local RS. It seems to be a fair price for what it does. I am fairly new to the hobby. I mainly want to pick up the trunking channels so would this be a good one to get? Would like to hear from you. Although, I might pick it up anyway and try it and can always return it if Im not happy.

boroscan30

the PRO 164. I want to pick up pretty much what I cant pick up now, mainly the trunking freq. since I cant seem to with my current antenna.

boroscan30

nah i dont really need a digital scanner for now. what is OSP?? Im learning new terms all the time of which will be of great help for future ref.

boroscan30

well I picked it up the other day and had high hopes but I wasnt too impressed. I mainly got "engine" sounds and no one talking but on 2 or 3 freq. I have yet to pick up a call in my own dang city! I have had a couple fairly close calls within a short distance so I guess I should be lucky! LOL! If anyone lives south of Dayton OH I'd like to hear from you on picking up local calls.

SCPD

QRT
Not to sound like a jerk, but do you have the 800MHz antenna? Near the base, on the coil, there should be orange letters that read "800MHz" if it does not have that, then you have the multipurpose antenna which is identical to the 800MHz antenna, sans the marking.

boroscan30

yep I do and it does read 800 MHz in org. letters. I made sure to get the right one at the store. I understand why you asked... to make sure I got the right one.

Dewey

well I picked it up the other day and had high hopes but I wasnt too impressed. I mainly got "engine" sounds and no one talking but on 2 or 3 freq. I have yet to pick up a call in my own dang city! I have had a couple fairly close calls within a short distance so I guess I should be lucky! LOL! If anyone lives south of Dayton OH I'd like to hear from you on picking up local calls.

You mentioned "trunking" earlier, so if you're listening to a trunked system and don't have the scanner set up properly, it may be the cause of the results that you mentioned here. Sorry, but I'm not in the area to help with the programming, but don't lose hope yet, as programming trunked systems can be a challenge until you've done a couple.

Happy scanning...
Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.