ST3 vs. ST4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardfacer

Anybody had any experience with the ST3? Had one up and within a few days a spring blizzard popped up and took out one of the rods. That was last may then another blizzard in early November completely demolished the rest of it. Decided to replace it with the ST 4 and bumped 2 of the cone rods when installing it and they broke off. Now after seeing how fragile they I wonder if that was a good move or not. Reception in the 150.000 mhz. range seems really staticky even though it's showing full strength on the 996t's bar meter. Have no problem with digital reception, only analog that is 25 - 30 miles away. Guess I’m wondering if I can clean up the reception with a beam and why all the static with a strong signal?

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Anybody had any experience with the ST3? Had one up and within a few days a spring blizzard popped up and took out one of the rods. That was last may then another blizzard in early November completely demolished the rest of it. Decided to replace it with the ST 4 and bumped 2 of the cone rods when installing it and they broke off. Now after seeing how fragile they I wonder if that was a good move or not. Reception in the 150.000 mhz. range seems really staticky even though it's showing full strength on the 996t's bar meter. Have no problem with digital reception, only analog that is 25 - 30 miles away. Guess I’m wondering if I can clean up the reception with a beam and why all the static with a strong signal?

sometimes on dry days like in the fall or winter, the atmosphere will have static in the air that will make a strong signal sound bad. static buildup can even damage radios on rare occasions. if you attach a wire antenna to a ballon or kite that happens a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.