Your Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale25

Hi. I am looking for a antenna for my handheld scanner. I need a all band antenna. Which do you think is better, the "SUPER-SCAN DUCK" from Antenna Warehouse or the "DIAMOND RH77CA" antenna?I listen to all frequency ranges.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Alot of people have had great results with the DIAMOND RH77CA. I recall you had a post in Nov sometime about this antenna.

Try it out for yourself.

Take care
Ron

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Ron is right, the 77CA is a good all around antenna. However, be aware that it's not possible for any one antenna to give you great performance over the entire range of your scanner.

dale25

Yeah I understand. I'll probably go with the RH77CA. I was just wondering about the Super-Scan Duck because it says "Three different broad banded resonance points, 100-175Mhz., 402-512Mhz. & 800-950Mhz.. This advance design yields a antenna that displays a Tremendous improvement over original equipment antennas and after market competitors" and I listen to channels in all those bandwidths.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Dale comes about as close as you can with that antenna optimized for the primary public service bands but anything in between is anybody's guess. Well, like the man said you can't have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.