How good is this antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's difficult to determine as they do not post any performance specifications on it. It would not be my first choice for improving reception on the 800MHz band. What band(s) are you looking for improvement on?

skydmark1

I've heard good things about the Super Scan Duck as well. As mentioned before, if you're looking for improvement in the 800mhz range, they make specific antennas for that. I don't have much for 800mhz around here

MOTOROLANUT

Ditto on the Exterior Antenna. The bigger whips seem to be a little better than stock. It all depends on what bands you listen to the most like the above posters have said. The worst problem with these whips is when you transport the portable, the long whip makes it unwieldly. All depends on you, if it will sit on a desk or travel in a car.

pitbulvig

FLA2760

I have that antenna and I use it on a non trunking scanner and it works great. I can hear Tampa PD and I am 60 miles north of Tampa. It does not work well with the 800mhz. On my trunking scanners (RS Pro 164) and Pro2053 I use the "rubber duck" antenna and they are a big improvement over the stock antennas. I will be doing an attic mount Yagi for the 800mhz. In the near future Tampa PD is supposed to switch to the HCSO trunked system.

https://www.scannermaster.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=14-540716

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.