Radioshack or GREcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

what advantages does a Radioshack 800mhz antenna have over the stock antenna that comes on the psr300 scanner?...and secondly, is it worth ordering the grecom brand antenna instead of the radioshack one?...the grecom one is black with orange writing on it, i guess i should wait till i have the scanner in my area, but i kinda just wanted to get everything in one purchase...

hoser147

The Stock antenna is a Multiband. The 800mhz antenna will not cover other bands as well but will do the 800 range like no other. The Branding is the only difference in the 800 antenna...Hope this helps

SCPD

QRT
I have the RS 800MHz antenna, and it works very well even sitting in the basement. Much improved over the stock antenna which is multiband. I don't have any experience with the GRE antenna, but if it is 800MHz I would expect its performance to be on par with (or better) than the RS antenna.

Just playing around one day, I programmed in the Nebraska State Patrol, since I live just a few blocks from HQ in Lincoln, and I was actually able to hear them on the closest tower, which is about 2 miles from me. I could only hear HQ on 42.46 though and nothing else.

pogbobo

my RS 800 antenna is the best antenna i own lol ... i swear it performs better on 150Mhz than the stock antennas :)

and like hoser said, the rs and gre 800 antennas are indeed the exact same antenna, just branded different ... save youself the wait time of shipping and head down to RS and buy theirs :D

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I really love my RS 800Mhz Antenna

And I also own a seeker 800 MHz Antenna, and a Antenex. 800 MHz 2.5db Gain Antenna

And I must say that, I am not impressed with the Antenex or the seeker Antenna what so ever

Only my opinion, you cannot beat the RS 800Mhz antenna

I would recommend the RS 800Mhz antenna hands down JMO

Last edited:

Q-ball

well, like was said in this discussion, the RS antenna is only for 800mhz correct?...do they make a multiband?...becuase i will need to hear my state police who utilize a vhf system and other depts which use a uhf...so knowing this, will the RS antenna help bring in those systems any better even though the antenna from RS is primarily for 800mhz?...like i said, i live in a big time 800mhz area, but it is crucial that i am able to pull in the vhf.uhf whicc is here too....thoughts????

Status
Not open for further replies.