Q's about municiple antenna site info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmostHandy

Hello everyone. I've been playing around with www.heywhatsthat.com

What a *****in site.

Anyways, I'm having trouble with some of the information that's out there about one of our local sites.

Ok, so the RRDB info (here), which corresponds with FCC info ([url="http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocDetail.jsp?pageNumToReturn=1&keyLoc=14140706&licKey=1301370]here[/url]) lists the "Ant Height" as 295 Meters. They also list the "Elevation" as 29 Meters. The FCC page also says the "Hgt to Tip" is 292.0m .

According to Emporis.com - The World's Website about Buildings, the height of the Building itself is 285 Meters.

My questions are; is the 295M "Ant Height" measured from sea level, Ground level, or the base of the antenna on the roof? Why is there a 3 meter discrepancy between the "Ant Height" and "Hgt to Tip"? Why is there a 10 meter discrepancy between "Ant Height" and the hight of the building? Is the antenna 10 meters tall from the roof?

I'm so confused.

Last edited:

DickH

My questions are; is the 295M "Ant Height" measured from sea level, Ground level, or the base of the antenna on the roof? Why is there a 3 meter discrepancy between the "Ant Height" and "Hgt to Tip"? Why is there a 10 meter discrepancy between "Ant Height" and the hight of the building? Is the antenna 10 meters tall from the roof?

I'm so confused.

Since 295m is nearly 1000 feet and 10m is only 32 feet, does it really matter?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You might think about this.
1. Antennas are not mounted to the roof.
2. Antennas are mounted to safety rails , Towers and other things mounted on the roof.
3. Being 1000 foot tall building means window cleaning rigs mounted high above the roof.
4. Most towers will stand 30 feet free standing mounted to a roof.
I hope this has answered your question or gave you other optons to think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.