Anyone use this type on handheld?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

One guess. :confused:

Well, actually, you could pull each up to be 1/4 wave on two frequencies of interest, and that might be marginally better then a single antenna.

But, still mostly just a gimmick.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
One guess. :confused:

Well, actually, you could pull each up to be 1/4 wave on two frequencies of interest, and that might be marginally better then a single antenna.

But, still mostly just a gimmick.

Agree. I've seen that antenna on ebay too. I thought I probably had enough spare stuff lying around that I could "stick" one together myself, but I didn't think it would be worth my time or effort (Although it looks to be pretty easily assembled).

Dave

pitbulvig

thanks guys, Ive blown enough $$ in the past on antennas that didn't do much for my reception so now I check here FIRST, definately one of the most helpful forums out there and unlike most noob friendly too !

ERICMYERS

Read the post on multiple antennas on one scanner. Using a splitter for two feeds to a single radio isn't going to do much. You can buy this splitter at RS BNC T-Adapter Model: 278-112 $5.49 and add on any antennas you like if you wanted to try it. (the ebayer is using that splitter and something like the cheap telescopic push on antennas that come with Uniden base units)

Eric

K

kb0nly

You can make one of them pretty easy, but they don't help a whole lot. I took a BNC "T" connector, one male to two females, then i put a couple BNC 90 degree adapters on each end of the "T" and a VHF and UHF whip on each adapter. Did it make any noticeable difference? No not really, even made the receive worse on some frequencies.

roadranger

hey! I think so too!

Seems like it'd be more useful if it were a dipole that was adjustable like rabbit ears.

Fold the antennas flat (opposite directions from each other) and you should have a Dipole with at least some void on it! Spin it and see if you really do loose a signal! Thats great!

W6KRU

Fold the antennas flat (opposite directions from each other) and you should have a Dipole with at least some void on it! Spin it and see if you really do loose a signal! Thats great!

Not really. A dipole has 2 elements, one connected to each antenna lead. This thing has both elements connected to the same lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.