New antenna radio shack pro 162

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty1244

I bought a radio shack pro 162 i want to get a new antenna something better then the stock one. can someone tell me a good scanner antenna. Something not to big thank you Rob

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rob, and welcome to the RR forums. Can you give us a little more info on the frequency ranges you want to primarily monitor - VHF, UHF or 800 MHz? That can have an impact on the advice you receive. For example, if you are interested in VHF/UHF, then I can highly recommend the Diamond RH77CA (though it might be a bit longer than you were looking for); or if your primary concern is for 800 MHz systems, then I can highly recommend the Radio Shack 800 antenna. Both can receive other ranges, but with some reduced effectiveness. If it's a mixture of all the above, then it could get a little more tricky depending on how far away your targets are. Just understand that no one antenna can receive all those ranges equally well, unless it is all local stuff, which can overcome some deficiency that an antenna might have in a particular range. I'm sure plenty of others will chime in.

FLA2760

Status
Not open for further replies.