Robot Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighCanipa

Im currently designing a robot with the aim to make it capable of hunting a 433Mhz signal. Im having problem making my reciever directional. I would idealy like not to use a yagi array as my antenna and have been trying to find a way of shielding a omni directional antenna in all directions except for one. If anyone has information on materials which would work for this puropose or designs of the shield i would greatly appreciate any information.

DPD1

I would think you could get it to work by just enclosing a basic antenna in a vertical metal 90 degree angle, which is closed on the top and bottom. Of course then the robot would have to spin around to aim it. Patching the doppler into it would be a lot more slick.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

LeighCanipa

doppler?

I first of all feel i should admit my lack of knowledge in this field, which may explain my reason for asking this next question.

What is meant by patching the doppler?

hope you can help.

I first of all feel i should admit my lack of knowledge in this field, which may explain my reason for asking this next question.

What is meant by patching the doppler?

hope you can help.

Taking the electrical output of the Doppler and interface it with your electonic control that controls the robot. Using doppler would be much easier to interface, no mechinical antennas to control and it works with almost any off-the-shelf radio receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.