hustler G7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lund009

I just recently purchased a Hustler G7 antenna and am looking for a good coax cable supplier, mainly looking for Belden 9913 coax (RG-8U) thanks

K

kb0nly

Go to www.randl.com and buy from them, but i would also suggest you change from 9913. Don't get me wrong its darn good coax, but make sure everything is WELL sealed as the air core can take on moisture. I have cut off the PL-259 at the bottom of a run and had the water run out on some installs. I ran it for years here, never had a problem, but it was SEAL SEAL SEAL to make sure.

Also, just a suggestion on the coax...

Jetstream

JT2013 Similar in loss to 9913 but with a solid poly dielectric, no air core. Solid center.
JT2015 Similar in loss to 9913 but with a solid poly dielectric, no air core. Stranded center, more flexible.

If you need a truly flexible version, to go around a rotor, go with JT2015F, its the same as the 2015 but with a Foam dielectric instead of the poly, much more flexible, even at the -20 we have had lately for air temp. I have over 500ft of this in use here, nothing but good results and compared to my 9913 in a 100ft length identical loss wise but cheaper!

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I just recently purchased a Hustler G7 antenna and am looking for a good coax cable supplier, mainly looking for Belden 9913 coax (RG-8U) thanks

Are you transmitting on it? If not, RG6 would be fine, easier to work with, and much less expensive. But don't transmit on RG6 as it's 75 ohm impedance, not 50 ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.