Question: Will this be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I have the Uniden BCD996t, I am currently using the stock antenna. I live in a condo, and My scanner is by a window on the 2nd floor. I want to get better reception on marine channels, 400's and 800's. My problem Is I'm renting and dont want to upset my landlord, my window faces east in the back of my condo. will this antenna work if I mount it outside my window. I cant put it on the roof. the antenna is a Larsen NMO150/450/800 Tri-band Antenna
This tri-band antenna covering 150-165, 450-470 & 806-940 MHz bands. Ideal for Public Safety applications when the user needs multiple bands but also needs to limit antenna installations. In addition the can be used as a scanner antenna. and mount it with this http://www.shultzie.com/agoracart55/html/images/lg_NMO_cablebrac.gif. Also do I have to worry about lightning? Thx

hoser147

Should work fine. As far as lightning goes nothing is truly safe from it. have you considered a attic installation? Some members also use a mag mount outside of places with rules. Good Luck

Tryton

thx, I will check the attic, as there is an access panel their, but the cable is only 17' The type of cable that comes with this is low loss RG-58 coax. Is that good? Or should I get a "Better" cable. I dont know nothing about antennas. Thx Again

Status
Not open for further replies.