Tr-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Have a chance to get some feedline. Just saw it briefly and saw TR-8 stamped on it. There was also the manufacturer and a five digit number starting with 7. Can't seem to google anything on it. Was wondering what the specs are. It is a triaxial cable about the size (or a bit bigger) of RG-8

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's feed line Jim but not as we know it. I've seen biaxial cable, it's a shielded, balanced transmission line (balanced like twin lead or open wire ladder line) but I have no idea about this "triax". General rule of thumb; when in doubt, don't.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
It's feed line Jim but not as we know it. I've seen biaxial cable, it's a shielded, balanced transmission line (balanced like twin lead or open wire ladder line) but I have no idea about this "triax". General rule of thumb; when in doubt, don't.
Maybe I am not using the right term. I looks just like RG-8, but has two sheilds. The inner sheild is about .300 and the outer is a bit over .500. center conductor is the right size for (and indeed is hooked to) PL-259's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.