Mobile Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

snikliw87

Hi,

I have a couple questions regarding antennas. I am using a window mount antenna right now, but I would like to get a new antenna. I have an old CVPI with holes that are plugged, so I plan on using those to mount the new antenna. Anyone have a good recommendation on a 800mhz nmo? Also, does that antenna come with the cable? I also might mount my 2m rig in the car. Any suggestions on a 2m nmo?

Thanks

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I have a couple questions regarding antennas. I am using a window mount antenna right now, but I would like to get a new antenna. I have an old CVPI with holes that are plugged, so I plan on using those to mount the new antenna. Anyone have a good recommendation on a 800mhz nmo? Also, does that antenna come with the cable? I also might mount my 2m rig in the car. Any suggestions on a 2m nmo?

Thanks

2 meter antenna: Larsen NMO150. For 800 MHz, Larsen NMO800. These are sold without cable or mount, but you can just buy the cable and mount separately. Many Amateur radio dealers sell these antennas and mounts, like Amateur Electronic Supply, HRO, The Ham Station, and others. Or, you can just Google "Larsen NMO150" and "Larsen NMO800" for lots of places to buy them. I use Larsen antennas and have never had an issue with them, they're a well known brand.

lugoffman

2 meter antenna: Larsen NMO150. For 800 MHz, Larsen NMO800. These are sold without cable or mount, but you can just buy the cable and mount separately. Many Amateur radio dealers sell these antennas and mounts, like Amateur Electronic Supply, HRO, The Ham Station, and others. Or, you can just Google "Larsen NMO150" and "Larsen NMO800" for lots of places to buy them. I use Larsen antennas and have never had an issue with them, they're a well known brand.

I got to say this I used the Larsen Nmo 150/450/800 mhz Antenna and he is right I can pick up from other county's with it it works great but the mag part I don't like I would recommend drilling the holes for it to ground it better but over all it is great I bought mine from Ham radio outlet got a great deal on it about 30 some dollars for the antenna and 20 so dollars for the mount

snikliw87

2 meter antenna: Larsen NMO150.

I took a look at HRO...

115) Manufacturer: LARSEN
Item : NMO-150-B-K
Description : 2M 5/8 BLACK WHIP/COIL/NMO-K PKG
YOUR HRO PRICE $49.95
Additional information :

Complete 2m 5/8 wave antenena with 3/4" NMO Mount

So this includes everything I need to mount it, correct? All I would need to add in would be the coax?

W6KRU

I took a look at HRO...

115) Manufacturer: LARSEN
Item : NMO-150-B-K
Description : 2M 5/8 BLACK WHIP/COIL/NMO-K PKG
YOUR HRO PRICE $49.95
Additional information :

Complete 2m 5/8 wave antenena with 3/4" NMO Mount

So this includes everything I need to mount it, correct? All I would need to add in would be the coax?

That will include the coax.

W6KRU

So basically these style antennas just screw into the mount from the underside of my trunk? Should I apply and sealant?

The mount attaches to your trunk and the antenna screws onto the top of the mount. The trunk lid is the meat in the sandwich. The mount w/coax gets pushed up from the bottom of the 3/4" hole in the trunk. A large nut screws down on the top of the trunk. This nut has an oring in the bottom of it. Once the nut is tight and the mount is secure, you can screw on the antenna base. The base has another oring in the bottom of it. Tighten it snug and don't over do it.

Sealant is not needed if you have a clean installation. The orings mentioned above will seal the connection and the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.