Need advise on buying a antenna for FT60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

OK I have been looking stuff up, in google and would like to know if you guys who has used several different antenna's For you HT rig could tell me what type of antenna you would strongly recommend for the YAESU FT60R.
MY buddy has a whip type antenna and it seems to do good but I want to buy me a good antenna for the 2 meter 440 band that will work great, has anyone use this type of antenna SMA-24. and if so what is your perspective of it.
So if you have any better suggestions please feel me in on it Thanks ____Jason

Scott_PHX_APP

Jason,
I don't have anything but the stock FT60 antenna that came with it, but I've heard that the Diamond SRH77CA is a popular choice for around $30.00
Later...

wvscanner

Database Admin
Anyone know a good place to buy a directional antenna? Looking for it in the 450Mhz range and needs to be able to go 45 miles. Needs to be directional because of a tower near me blast the signal off. That is what little I can get it. I live in a hole and I know that is the biggest problem. So, I'm thinking of high gain. I thought of just buying a big tv antenna but not sure if I would get anything better out of it.

K

kb0nly

I put the Nagoya NA-701 on my FT-60R, compared to the stock antenna stuff that was 3/4 scale is full scale, and some stuff that i never even heard before is 1/4 scale. Big improvement and CHEAP.

lugoffman

Diamond for sure. Its a nice antenna. If the mfj was a lot cheaper then maybe but they're the same price.

I think thats the one I will go with but what im looking for is one that can flex with out breaking and straiten back up if it bends like if im out in the woods doing search for arris or scheart and it gets cought up on a tree limb or somthing it can be flexable, will this be flexiable Thanks ---Jason

W6KRU

I think thats the one I will go with but what im looking for is one that can flex with out breaking and straiten back up if it bends like if im out in the woods doing search for arris or scheart and it gets cought up on a tree limb or somthing it can be flexable, will this be flexiable Thanks ---Jason

The rh77 is a very flexible antenna, better than most. Go into a store and check them out vs. the others. There are some that are more flexible but they don't work as well IMO.

lugoffman

Anyone know a good place to buy a directional antenna? Looking for it in the 450Mhz range and needs to be able to go 45 miles. Needs to be directional because of a tower near me blast the signal off. That is what little I can get it. I live in a hole and I know that is the biggest problem. So, I'm thinking of high gain. I thought of just buying a big tv antenna but not sure if I would get anything better out of it.

Please tell me they didn't make a west virginian a data base admin. J/K lol !! how ya doing buddy I used to live in beckley and then moved to white sulphur springs then came down south but I do know R&L in huntington sales them but for a cheap good one I would go with www.cheapham.com or even scanner master but for the cheap price you may want to check out cheap ham or www.mfj.com and look there hope that helps ya out
How is the weather up there in west bygod virginia lol !!! you guys got any snow yet ?

lugoffman

The rh77 is a very flexible antenna, better than most. Go into a store and check them out vs. the others. There are some that are more flexible but they don't work as well IMO.

Ok you twisted my leg hahahahaha!!!! I will just go with this one then THANKS Everyone for the help !! and Thank you Dan

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Jason,
I don't have anything but the stock FT60 antenna that came with it, but I've heard that the Diamond SRH77CA is a popular choice for around $30.00
Later...
I have the Diamond. the other dual band antenna that's been the best is the stock antenna that comes with Kenwood's Dual band radios. They almost work as good as the diamond antenna. I've tried diamonds RH519 and it wasn't as great. at least for broad band coverage. the kenwood duck is thicker then those rat tail 6 inchers. so i guess that's why covers the RR band better.
i think i ordered my from hamcity if i remember correct. it's too bad it got lost. that's the 2nd one i lost. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.