Total NooB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

I have been looking on this site for a while now, and I think I'm just confusing myself more. I have a Radioshack base/mobile scanner that I want to install Din in my car. I'd like to have an antenna that picks up awesome (such as the UHF radio in the engine) but don't want to drill holes. I've seen a bunch of 18in. magnet mount antennas but really don't want them that long. I'd like a 1/4 wave antenna on a tiny magnet mount, but can't seem to find them. Is there a reason, such as radios don't work that way, or am I not looking for the right thing?

BTW, I usually only listen to 450-470 (sometimes some VHF, but not required)

3mary2

I have a Larsen 150/450/800 mounted in front of the the regular radio antenna that works really great for the Nellis AFB and everything else in Vegas valley. I have it mounted about 13" in front of the truck antenna. Most people do not even notice. The antenna is 16.5" mounted on a L bracket which only required two small holes into the fender by the hood. Car Dealers don't notice the holes when you trade the vehicle in. I have travel through Utah, Wyoming, and Arizona with the atenna working great
Maybe this will help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.