Antenna for Yaesu FT-2600M

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulietAlphaKilo

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks, I just purchased an FT-2600M (2-Meter VHF FM Transceiver) not too long ago, and I hope to get my "Shack" set-up in the near future. Eventually I am going to get my license, and everything necessary for Operation of the Tx. In the meantime, I am simply going to operate it as an Rx. As of now I have everything necessary in order to operate the system, minus the Antenna.

So in terms of the Transceiver that I currently have, what Antenna set-up would most recommend that I go with? Keep in mind that I hope to eventually broadcast on MARS Frequencies as well.

Also, even though I do have a Coaxial Connection nearby, is there anyway possible to set-up a Wireless Connection between either the Antenna and the Transceiver, or between the Coaxial Outlet and the Transceiver? I only ask as it would definitely cut down on clutter, and increase the mobility potential around my Shack.

FYI, the Manual states that this Transceiver requires an Antenna that can handle 60W, and it mentions an Antenna Impedance of: "50 Ohms Unbalanced".

KD4KNR

I think once you start studying for your license, you'll answer most of your own questions!!

What kind of "coax outlet" do you have???

Status
Not open for further replies.