Spider Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlconnell

Hey guy's I was going to buy the BCD996T again from Bearcat warehouse and they have this antenna..

Is this antenna below good and is it worth $50.00 ?

Spider Scanner Base Station Antenna

The Spider Base Antenna is a complete base station antenna kit made specifically for use in the home. The antenna is designed to receieve scanner signals between 25MHz and 1300 MHz. The antenna includes a complete mounting kit for mast-mounting and 50' of RG58 coax with both Motorola plug and BNC connector. This base antenna assembles and mounts in a matter of minutes as it can be mounted to a mast, a vertical or horizontal rail, or to the side of any building or structure.

* 25-1300 Mhz*Ideal for ALL Band Scanners Low Band, High Band, and UHF Frequencies

*Easy to Assemble and Install*High Quality Stainless Steel and Chrome Plated Components

*Mounts on 1 1/4 - 2" Mast Pipe*Antenna Connection:SO-239

Attachments

• Lg_Spider.jpg
    Lg_Spider.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4,735

WouffHong

Spiders

Mike I bought 2 of these and they are hot! - Using one down cellar on my Streaming Scanner and it's as good as my big discone outside at 40' and fed with LMR400 - even good SWR transmitting on 2M/440, Mike.

Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna $25.99
Model: 20-176 | Catalog #: 20-176

Covers 108-1300MHz with peak performance occurring in the 152-470MHz range.

Tom

Hey guy's I was going to buy the BCD996T again from Bearcat warehouse and they have this antenna..

Is this antenna below good and is it worth $50.00 ?

Spider Scanner Base Station Antenna

The Spider Base Antenna is a complete base station antenna kit made specifically for use in the home. The antenna is designed to receieve scanner signals between 25MHz and 1300 MHz. The antenna includes a complete mounting kit for mast-mounting and 50' of RG58 coax with both Motorola plug and BNC connector. This base antenna assembles and mounts in a matter of minutes as it can be mounted to a mast, a vertical or horizontal rail, or to the side of any building or structure.

* 25-1300 Mhz*Ideal for ALL Band Scanners Low Band, High Band, and UHF Frequencies

*Easy to Assemble and Install*High Quality Stainless Steel and Chrome Plated Components

*Mounts on 1 1/4 - 2" Mast Pipe*Antenna Connection:SO-239

mlconnell

Awesome Tom. Think I'll do it. I hope it will hold up with our winds here. I guess were fixing to find out.
I'll let you know. I don't have a good all band outside yet anyway so it's go to be better than what I have.
Wow 40' fed with LMR400.. I bet that LMR400 was a pretty penny ! Thanks Tom.
I think I will feed it with RG-8. That should be better than the RG-58 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.