Base Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
I am sure this has been asked many times before!

I am looking to purchase a good Base scanner antenna.I would like it to cover all the bands how ever it would mostly be fore vhf/uhf.I would like something with good gain to improve on my current set up and also something that wont break the bank

This unit will be mounted about 30 feet high .I know there is a large market for antennas but I would like to know what people personally use and recommend, how the antenna preforms,coverage ect.

All imput would be great this antenna will be going on a Pro-2096

K7CB

Premium Subscriber
A discone antenna will do pretty good. They're wide-banded. However, you can also get an antenna meant for the 2 meter/70 cm bands (144/440). They'll work well on VHF/UHF and have some gain.

enemyace

Great performance and definitely won't break the bank; Radio Shack 20-176 (no low band)

Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com

20 years ago I was too cheap to buy a discone antenna, so I bought Radio Shack's 20-176, mounted it on a 3' mast and clamped it to the ventpipe on my roof. 20 years later I'm still too cheap but the antenna has performed very well. During tropo season it pulls in signals from fantastic distances. I would go as far to say that sometimes it pulls in too much!

Best Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.