Mobile Antenna - Need replies ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccravens

First question - If a mobile antenna about 18'' long is mounted on the bed rail of a truck and comes near flush with the metal roof, will the roof interfere with the reception of the antenna?

Second question - Has anyone purchased or used any of the ProComm antennas? I have read some reviews about them and they are quite a bit cheaper than what I planned on getting. If so, I would appreciate your opinions on how well you think they perform.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
First question - If a mobile antenna about 18'' long is mounted on the bed rail of a truck and comes near flush with the metal roof, will the roof interfere with the reception of the antenna?

Second question - Has anyone purchased or used any of the ProComm antennas? I have read some reviews about them and they are quite a bit cheaper than what I planned on getting. If so, I would appreciate your opinions on how well you think they perform.

Yes...metal blocks radio waves so the cab will block reception from certain directions. In some cases, strong signals will bounce off buildings or other vehicles and thus get to the antenna.

A bed rail is not the best ground in the world, on top of the cab where the ground plane (metal) extends on all sides about the length of the antenna is far better.

Yes, if you're talking about the Tri-Band...it's a decent antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.