Ebay antenna scam again

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

This guy is at it again cobbling parts together to resemble a military UHF satcom antenna and advertising it covers HF through 2.4GHz. Where you would normally see questions asked by others at the bottom of the ad he has make up his own to look like legitimate buyers have asked whopper ones like:
"We wish to use five (5) SAT-1C's to communicate with astronauts currently working aboard the International Space Station (NASA/ISS). Will this antenna work?"
or this one:
"I wish to outfit 5 battalions with the SAT-1C. Can my contracting or acquisition officer place contracts with your company to order 5000+ units?"
Check out Ebay item 300301255661 for a really good laugh.
prcguy

masonb

Really thats so bad lol.

I think his "meter" of whatever type is actually a meat cooker gauge :)

Air490

I'm thinking a cheap cooking temperature gauge. It looks like he might have used the probe section on the "antenna" there somewhere.

Worst thing is some fool might just buy it!

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Portable????

The bidding starts at 100 beans for that piece of crap and the shipping to me in Ontario says $42, large box USPS Intenational. I thought it was supposed to be portable, fit in a man pack, durable, you should be able to ship it that way. What a scam. The tri-pod that it is sitting on are readily available in the surplus section of Princess Auto here for 99 cents!!!!!!!

Dewey

On Question# 2, what's a "75 Ohm end connector"? Is he trying to say an F connector, or did he make it out of a screw and bolt????

K7CB

Premium Subscriber
He'll make some money off them because there's a fool born every minute. His bed spring coil and meat thermometer antenna has one bid...but then he could have created a second account and bid on it himself.

commscanaus

Question 1. What type of data connector does this transceiver have?

Answer: Has (1) RJ-45 connector

(*It doesn't even remotely work with consumer equipment let alone military gear)

Question 2. Will this product work with my cell phone, PDA, Pocket PC, and Laptop?

Answer: The short answer is YES. However due to the large variety of communications products, software interfaces, and interface ports this will depend upon your particular product.

(*The long answer is NO. Cell phones, PDA's, Pocket PC's and laptops have no capability for use in the 200-400Mhz band.)

Question 3. What frequency range is this product designed to communicate over?

Answer: 200-400 Mhz.

(*As long as the spring is sprung correctly and a dummy load used)

Question 4. Can you send me additional pictures of this item?

Answer: Due to the number of requests we are not able to. The item you see in the picture is the item for auction. Thank you.

(*Additional pictures would show the actual product to be poorly made and of parts heaped together to resemble an actual working unit.)

Question 5. Is the Tx/Rx front end antenna interchangeable?

Answer: Yes, a single dipole antenna is included in this auction. This can be easily removed and interfaced with a flat panel, small phased array, slot aperture or other antenna.

(*In other words- the spring attachment can be chucked in the trash and a proper antenna of your choosing can be used.)

Question 6. We would like to purchase a large quantity of these items. Can we purchase these products from your affiliate company directly?

Answer: Yes, we offer these products and variants thereof under contract only for large volume purchases. Please contact us for more information.

(*If you want to buy them in bulk, I will have to scrounge as many parts as I can from the $2 stores in my area. The products will vary due to the variety of springs, oven thermometers etc....)

Software??? It is classified!!! Dont even ask!!! (Oh please!)

Act now and get our free set of steak knifes and abdominal excersiser- look years younger for only 3 seconds per month.

Commscanaus

brandon

Database Admin
FYI the scammer is back with a new eBay id (auctionfl) and posting fake antennas again (item # 270368799188 for example)

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
FYI the scammer is back with a new eBay id (auctionfl) and posting fake antennas again (item # 270368799188 for example)
What a scam. If it is so great, why is the antenna on the blackberry extended?!!!

And Ebay has a policy against listing perfectly legally modified ham radios.
What a joke:roll:

prcguy

In an earlier Ebay ad the guy was selling a satellite modem with antenna (more deceptive junk) that supposedly worked through an Israeli satellite and then the ad went into a raciest rant on how the Israelis used the satellite to spread anti Muslim and other propaganda and how they manipulate the worlds money and other trash. The ad was very disturbing and resembled something you would expect from a terrorest group, apparently Ebay yanked it shortly after it appeared.
prcguy

=QUOTE=C138Kaysone;1044039]Radioreference should form their own gang/mob and go find him haha[/QUOTE]

rvictor

If I could mount it on the top of my tin foil beanie in place of the propeller, I'd have something for next Halloween's costume party.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.