Help picking out a new antenna, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericjmense

So I want to get a new antenna due to the fact I need and little more signal to pick up the digital 800Mz truncking system in a neighboring city. I have considered a 800mz antennal but will this cause problems picking up other frequencies?
What about a good all around antenna? Would that be a better choice?

Just to clarify I have a handheld scanner and would like to get an antenna that would just stay on the scanner. I DO NOT want a home mounted or car mounted antenna.

Suggestion would help.

O, incase you need to know I have a Radioshack PRO 106 digital truncking

Thanks
Eric.

ericjmense

Yes it is setup and working but in areas of my house the signal bar drops. 5 is max but if it drops to 3 the scanner seems to pick up the channels as a VC and not a DG channel and no voices are heard. As I watch the scanner and the signal improves while on the same channel the VC then changes to DG and I can now hear voices. I just assume it is a signal problem and a better antenna will help instead of the stock one.

ericjmense

Ok let me try this again. I need to find a new antenna that will get better reception in the 800Mhz range. I would also like it if the antenna would improve all other frequency ranges also but it sound like I’m looking for the mythical antenna here

So if anyone knows of an antenna that would improve 800Mhs and still give me at least equal performance as the stock antenna on the 150’s and the 400’s please let me know.

Right now I’m leaning toward the RS 800Mhz antenna as many reviewers say it does just want I say above.

Status
Not open for further replies.