Should my ST2 be facing towards the towers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH23

I have my ST2 facing north,which is away from the towers im listening or trying to listen to.They are south of me,should i have the antenna facing towards them or does it matter ? It got to where all of a sudden the local PD is not coming in clear,it was also happening on my old antenna,and the local PD is only 2 miles south of me.So i was just wondering if my antenna should be facing them or does it matter at all.....Also,if i turn it from north to south,will i stop hearing things from the north ?

Last edited:

Bucko

My ST2 and CM5094A (similar design) are a little directional mainly because they are mounted on the side of my tower. Just make sure you have a clear and high position and it should be fine. As a rule I mount the antenna so all the elements are facing ( where you can see all elements) the direction of my interest.

digitalanalog

ST2 antenna is not listed or described as a directional antenna.

However, they are some what directional, so to answer your question, Yes, point it at the transmitting antenna/tower and you should be in the best location.

You can also try (as i have), facing it away from the antenna and see if it receives better from the back side, i have found this to be true on 400-500mhZ freq's.

Just try it and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.