Receiving Columbus Ohio FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to pickup CFD trunked system with an attic antenna? My development does not allow roof antenna. I am 55 miles from Columbus. Suggestions welcome

n8myc

hmm, good question. I will tell you that I lose the signal while mobile around MM133 on I70 east of Buckeye Lake , south of Lancaster and around the 68MM on 70 west of London. Not knowing where you are I'd say it would be a stretch.

phatboy48

That is a difficult question to answer without knowing where you live. If you were to take a helicopter ride above downtown Columbus, it actually sits in a shallow bowl nearly surrounded by higher terrain. This will pose serious problems when trying to receive signals higher in frequency than the VHF bands at distances beyond 30 miles or so. Can you receive the Columbus DTV UHFchannels with an attic antenna? If you can receive them clearly then you may have a chance if you use a Yagi type 800 MHz scanner with high gain in the desired direction. If you can't receive any DTV UHFchannels, then forget about trying to receive trunked stuff. .

W8JNC

Status
Not open for further replies.