UHF Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlnorth

I'm looking for a UHF base antenna, preferably tuned to the 460-490 mhz range, with a right-angle BNC connector to connect to a Uniden 996 scanner. I would rather avoid using any adapters, if at all possible. I have seen these for other bands, just not the one that I want to monitor. Any suggestions?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Don't let a right angle BNC connector limit your choices. Your choices for an antenna tuned in that band are vast! I would simply pick one that fits your needs and get a right angle adapter from rat shack or you can crimp and solder a right angle connector onto the cable yourself. Either way I dought you will notice any difference in performance.

dlnorth

Don't let a right angle BNC connector limit your choices. Your choices for an antenna tuned in that band are vast! I would simply pick one that fits your needs and get a right angle adapter from rat shack or you can crimp and solder a right angle connector onto the cable yourself. Either way I dought you will notice any difference in performance.

Thanks for the reply. I have read that the insertion loss from most of those adapters negates any gain afforded to you by the antenna, and I don't know enough about them to tell the good adapters from the junk. I am not finding anything in my freq range with the right angle BNC, so I'm going to end up having to try an adapter of some sort.

Thanks again.

N

N_Jay

An adapter would have to be REALLY bad to have that much loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.