Diamond D-13OJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockdown96

trying to find a good antenna that cost aolt somewere aound 100.00 . Scanner antenna. From 30-1300 something like that.Im useing the little radio shack antenna now. thanks for your help . Scott from Virginia

trainman111

This should probably be in the antenna forum, but regardless, I'll chime in :)

The Diamond D130-J is a great antenna! I use it mainly for listening on the VHF and UHF aircraft bands, but it also works well on many other bands. If you keep an eye out, sometimes you can find one on ebay at a pretty good price. I believe they run about $95 new. If you're looking to buy one new, I would recommend buying one from Universal Radio (Universal Radio shortwave, amateur, scanner and CB radio since 1942). They have very good customer service and are easy to work with. Once you do get an antenna, the next thing you need is good coax. I would personally recommend some high quality LMR-400. Stay away from the RG-58 junk that they sell at Radioshack. For good coax and connectors I deal with The RF Connection (www.therfc.com) If you do things right, and don't take shortcuts, you can have yourself a real good setup. The D130-J definately gets a vote from me.

Nick

Last edited:

Taloniilm

I agree with Trainman111,
I have a D130J and LMR 400 at about 30 feet and It works great for my needs

Attachments

• South End.JPG
    South End.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,537

Taloniilm

I'm also running two of the RS "Sputniks" using RG6 Quad, (Wally world) with good success...

Last edited:

lockdown96

are n type and pl-259 the same ? I dont think they are . Are all the coax the same at the end? I have a cheap radio shack antenna now it took a PL259 ---So will the diamond hook to it ?

ridgescan

are n type and pl-259 the same ? I dont think they are . Are all the coax the same at the end? I have a cheap radio shack antenna now it took a PL259 ---So will the diamond hook to it ?
No theyre different..I have the SO-239 type jack on the Diamond that receives the PL259 connector, then I run a "BNC" adapter to the radio.

Last edited:

trainman111

Well I got a great condition one off of ebay for $65. You have to keep your eye out though because it's not often that they are on there. As for new ones, I did a quick search and they all seem to be selling for $99.95 so it seems that Universal Radio might be the cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies.