best antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
hi i've been looking for a better scanner antenna i've seen a cupple on ebay and was wondering if anybody has used a super slinky antenna or the JUMBO SNOOP DADDY SCANNER ANTENNA or is there a better one for receiving week signals , i am looking for one i dont have to mount on the house ,any ideas ??

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Here is a link to reviews on a tried and true antenna, the RH77CA. It outperforms many larger units on the market. It is an excellent antenna.

Agreed. I have used many different antennas and the Diamond has outperformed all of them (for an HH anyway).

mrkelso

hi i've been looking for a better scanner antenna i've seen a cupple on ebay and was wondering if anybody has used a super slinky antenna or the JUMBO SNOOP DADDY SCANNER ANTENNA or is there a better one for receiving week signals , i am looking for one i dont have to mount on the house ,any ideas ??

If you open up one these snoop things you will notice a wire taped to a stick. Now i ask you can you tape a wire to a stick? If so then you can build your own Super snooper Momma.

I have a Radioshack Telescopic antenna. I got it for $20, and it has pretty good performance if you adjust it right.

I'd steer clear of the "snoop-daddy" antennas. Search on this site and you'll see why. Also, the guy who sells them apparently gets really defensive if you ask him questions about his antennas, I think we all know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.