Ham antenna and scanner antenna interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
Would my X-30a at 50 watts hurt the reception of the scanner antenna that is 20 feet away from the other antenna. Will there be interference? If i have a scanner antenna could i use a splitter and use both scanners at the same time to receive? Which antenna is better D130J v.s. DS-150S

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
First I'm not familiar with the DS 150S but I do have the D130j and love it! Even at low power your scanner could suffer from desense due to the rf,but that may depend on where you're listening too.
It will help if both antennas are not at the same height.
N9ZAS.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Would my X-30a at 50 watts hurt the reception of the scanner antenna that is 20 feet away from the other antenna.

Probably... hurt, as in desense, like the previous answer stated. 20 feet should be far enough away that no permanent damage would result, but while you're actually transmitting, it's likely that your scanner would suffer from some temporary degradation of sensitivity.

Will there be interference?

Hard to say. Probably. But it's impossible to predict, especially with what little info was given.

If i have a scanner antenna could i use a splitter and use both scanners at the same time to receive?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.