Looking for 20-176 Mod opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQDL753

Ok, I put the sputnik in the attic(25' AGL) hooked it up to my psr-600 with rg-8a/u. I love the boost I'm getting on VHF and I'm getting two towers on the MARCS system that I couldn't get with the stock telescope. Now to hopefully curb the laughs. the 20-176 I got due to budget, the rg-8 I had, and I'm not going up untill budget and time allow for an install that can handle NE Ohio wx. plus the 80 fet of wire I'd need for grounding.
Now on to my idea, I want to boost my reception on the marcs system(witch to my understanding is a type II with digital voice, p-25 wannabe system). So could I add 1 or 2 arials to the antenna, cut for 1/2 or full wave centred on 867. Mhz. to achive this? I would appreciate opinions on the validity of this, and I know the wavelengh, but does the arial need to be shorter than that, if so how much? Please do not rate this on difficulty, I'm a machinest, adding a rod, or two if that would be better, is a simple task. Looking foward to the input.

digitalanalog

Adding more elements to the Sputnick, will not give you better 800 reception.

a yagi designed for the 800 band mounted in the same location would be your best bet.

of course your going to loose your uhf/vhf with a 800 yagi.

maybe a discone (a good one) would allow better 800 and still keep your uhf/vhf.

Also from the NE ohio, the weather should not be a factor, i have 8 up and no problem.

Good luck on your prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.