Type "N" to "F" Adapter?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattfox27

Premium Subscriber
I bought a discone and was all hyped up and ready to mount it this weekend then i notice the antenna has an N connection. I'm using RG6 Quad with compression F connectors to run the cable its a short run but this adapter has seemed to derail my whole plan. The only radio store around me is Ham Radio Outlet im looking for an N to F adapter but i just called and they don't carry it...neither does radioshack or any other place i can think of where i can just buy one without ordering. If i get a N to BNC then BNC to F will that create too much loss or trouble? Its for a BCD996XT.

Or if i just get the compression BNC connectors for RG6 i guess that would work...then just the N to BNC...I'm trying to limit the amount of adapters i have to use...so that would be perfect BNC straight into radio and just a N to BNC on antenna...does that sound good?

Thanks

Last edited:

k9rzz

There is no place in all of Los Angeles to find the proper adapter?

That doesn't sound right. If you're in Pierre, South Dakota, then that's different. *grin!*

There must be another electronics part supplier _somewhere_.

rcvmo

Yes, an N male or female to an F male or female is a very rare bird. I had to order online to get them. You might want to try tower electronics or if there's a ham radio swap coming , best bet is to try that.
Good Luck.
rcvmo

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Order on-line, or the loss to go from F-BNC-N will be insignificant.

smason

I would do compression BNCs on the RG6 and one N to BNC adapter at the discone.
It should be easier to find the N to BNC adapter than the F.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
F Female to N Male, actually a quite common adapter. If you can't find it locally, you can probably find a place that will ship it very cheap. In fact, you'll probably pay less money for the adapter itself online than a brick and mortar store would charge you, and with the price of gas these days, even $6 shipping is a bargain. Don't screw around with multiple piggybacked adapters, do it right the first time. The less connections, the less paths for water and moisture to find its way into the coax.

N-Male to F-Female Adapter - AXA-NMFF

RFA-8673 - N Male (Plug) to F Female (Jack) Adapter

Opentip.com: F-Pin Female / N Male Adaptor

+Interseries+Adapters&src=froogle&CAWELAID=261924074]F FEMALE TO N MALE ADAPTER - Cableorganizer.com

971128 - N/Male to F/Female Adapter

F Series Adapters - N Male to F Female Adpt.

Wilson Electronics 971128 N-Male to F-Female Connector (971128) | 971128 [Wilson Electronics]

F-Pin Female / N Male Adaptor

F Female to N Male Adapter : 8020

F FEMALE TO N MALE ADAPTER

DPD1

There is no place in all of Los Angeles to find the proper adapter?

That doesn't sound right. If you're in Pierre, South Dakota, then that's different. *grin!*

There must be another electronics part supplier _somewhere_.

Adapters? Try just a SMA connector or anything other than a 259... Half of the electronics supplies have disappeared over the years, and the ones left are weak. The one that surprises me is HRO... Barely carries anything like that anymore. I could understand if you're talking about some fancy expensive stuff that nobody buys. But somebody needs a connector... They come in and walk out with a new radio too. Just $500 could supply each store with a selection of virtually anything anybody needs. Seems like smart business to me, but what do I know. People let accountants run their business for them now days.

Thayne

I couldn't find any N Female connectors anywhere in Denver, including Fistells & Hutton, finally ordered a bunch of odd stuff from Mouser.
30 years ago I bet you could find 10 places that would have a large selection of that kind of stuff---

mattfox27

Premium Subscriber
ya i know i can order it i just was all ready to put the anteena up this weekend and i thought i had all the parts until i really looked at the antenna i thought it was a PL239 but it's a type N wierd...Ya i'm just gonna go with the BNC compression fittings...Fry's electronics shows it carries a BNC to N connector...It just kind caught me off guard here i thought i was all ready, i have spent all week gathering parts..Masts, Clamps, Cables ect...then BAM wierd connector i was going to wake up on Sat and do my install in my PJ's with a beer and now i gotta drive all over the place looking for adapters...Oh well

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Just about every Saturday, somewhere in southern california, is an electronics swapmeet. TRW is on the last saturday of the month, there are others on other saturdays. Virtually every one of these swapmeets has at least one vendor who has a bewildering variety of connectors and adapters.

Find out where the swapmeet is Saturday morning, and install your antennas in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.