Theantennafarm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnoyeb

I am about to order some stuff, but the website is a bit unusual. When I go to the shopping cart, the site changes from the antenna farm to "qth.com". Whats that about? The certificate leaves a lot to be desired as well. Is this place safe to order from?

ffemt601

Seems like they are using a shopping cart that is on another domain. I know people that have bought stuff from them without a problem. However, I will never buy anything from them based on principle as I dislike their open policy on free banding amateur gear.

brandon

Database Admin
I have purchased from them in the past and had no problems. Good luck.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
I ordered 2 larsen antennas from them.took forever to ship.and when I ask about my order he started in on a rant about walmart and other big stores.I will never order from this sorry company again.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber

blueline_308

Run, run away fast from the Antenna Farm and that rude prick who runs it.

I tried to roder an antenna, status showed processing for a long time, tried calling and emailing to no avail. Finally got an email and he talked crap in his email to me, but did cancel my order.

Buy elsewhere. My .02

CCHLLM

I've ordered Larsen antenna items and connectors from him several times and never had a problem, but everything I've ordered was drop shipped from Tessco, so apparently he stocks nothing and has a buying and shipping arrangement with his vendors. Pretty much a standard arrangement for small online business operators, but when your vendor has a problem or a backorder situation, it creates a headache for your business. Doesn't mean you can't be nice to the customer, though. He's always been straight with me.

Last edited:

ZachSmith

They company ships SLOW and when I inquired about my order for a weeks without a response I informed them I will be contacting the AG as I was charged without any follow ups and no ability to contact the company to find out whats going on. Then I received a nasty e-mail about big businesses being evil, mom and pop shops coming to an end, etc etc.

I finally got my order but am not going to order from them again. When I pay for something I like to have it the same week. Not several weeks later.

Sophocles

Watch out when you do business with this guy - he has been trouble for a long time! He is a liar, very deceitful and chooses on a daily basis whom he wants to be his customers. Check out pissedconsumer.com and ripoffreport.com for more details on John Holbrook. My story is really no different than any other you find on those sites, so I will save space. But anyone that considers price only when buying from him deserves the horrible customer service treatment he gives you. If you don't mind being insulted, listening to his rants and ravings about the USA and our founding fathers or you just like getting your stuff entirely on his terms - then go ahead and make your own day. He will be more than happy to accommodate you, insult you, take your money and then give you the finger.

Tech792

I will never order from him again. Slowww shipper (item was drop-shipped from Tesco) and never answers inquiries. Then when he does answer, its a bunch of BS and lies. You're better off going some where else. There is plenty of other suppliers out there with better business practices.

Sophocles

Amen to that Brudder! I don't see how he has lasted this long in business. You are right about too many other suppliers and more reputable ones even if it were to take longer to get the items one needs. I just hope that the Montana Department of Justice can light a fire under his *** and put him out of business. The radio community does not need someone like this spoiling the hobby and insulting or deceiving the consumers.

Sophocles

Well, gentlemen, I respect the fact that you have not yet gotten on John's bad side, but I dare say that you have probably never complained about him or his business either. If you read the ripoffreport.com, pissedconsumer.com and the RR forum threads, you will see a trend that John has followed for some time. He insults, intimidates, harasses and demeans anyone that has a legitimate grievance about him or his garage business. It is totally unnecessary in business relations to call your customers greedy Americans, cry babies and other needless names. The reason John has referred to himself as a Radio Nazi is that like Hitler he needs to be in power and control of his customers. That is why he ignores emails and phone calls, changes orders on a whim and otherwise makes himself a general nuisance to the consumer. Just so he can stay in power in his belief system. But, he will not do this to anyone that has not complained about him or challenged him. So, thankfully, Dann and Garrett, you have not seen his darker side. However, please remember this - any customer exerts a faith and trust in any business, especially using the Internet. And, that faith and trust does not deserve the kind of negative responses, innuendoes and harassment that John has been dishing out. So, consider yourselves very fortunate that you had no reason to complain. Thanks for your comments - I appreciate them very much.

stevelton

I am a small radio shop in Southern IL, and Tessco is one of my vendors. They are always super fast with delivery to my store. And I know what is on back order before I even place the order.
I dont do "internet sales", because I dont want to get bogged down having to stay in the store every day to process orders, as a lot of my work in out in the field.

I can get and sell almost everything that he sells on his website, but I sell it in a brick and mortar store, and everything I sell passes through this door, to check for quality and accuracy before going to the customer.

This is the only edge I have against the internet store, the face to face service to the customer.

I too have had my problems with theantennafarm. There are a few online businesses that dont care about the customer, because the customer cant drive to the store an chew out the owner in person.

But there are a few great online radio stores, and a quick check on radio reference will tell you which ones are worth going to with your business.

Steven

Sophocles

Update on the Antenna Farm

In all fairness to John at the Antenna Farm, I am posting an update on the situation I have had with him. I filed a credit card dispute and they posted my "full refund" money back to my account. Just after that happened, John gave me a refund for everything except shipping. The process takes awhile, but the shipping is still in dispute. I do not think I should be charged the shipping if my product does not arrive in the time specified for mailing or if it is not arriving within the time allowed for John's return policy. John needs to change his return policy on his web site to 7 days from receipt (just as he said in his email to me) not 7 days from purchase, which is stated on his website. In any event, starting with my first email, John (true to form) started sending me emails containg derrogatory remarks, such as cry baby, whiner, greedy American and other unnecessary stuff. Now he is quoting bible verses that state I am going to have vengence from God and if I take his coat I should also get his cloak. Again, this is totally unnecessary dialog in a business environment and unacceptable behavior from someone claiming to be a reputable business. Fly-by-night business, yes - reputable business, no. My main pith and point here is that John has a fly-by night operation and does not even have a business bank account. Everything is done from his family's bank account, which is bad news if you have to sue him to recover or collect damages. These are not the hallmarks of a reputable business. Also, John insults and degrades customers who complain about faulty products, shipping problems, defects or any other aspect of his business. These are also not hallmarks of a reputable business. I am certain that the BBB, Montana Department of Justice and my credit card company will agree with me that I am due a refund on my shipping and that John needs to change the wording on his web site for his shipping and returns policies. But, going forward, I would recommend that anyone considering a purchase from this guy be very aware of the fact that you are more likely to have trouble from him than you are in having a problem free purchase. Last but not least, this guy claims to be a Christian and wants to pray for customers who have complaints, so they do not go the Hell for expressing legitimate grievances about him. Remember, no one doing business with a self-affirmed Radio Nazi has a right to complain, but only to surrender your money to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.